Over the next 8 hours we will be releasing a major update to the BoomBox 2.4 platform. This update will address many issues customers have been experiencing with the SoniXCast Media Server, and related services. In order to ensure consistent settings, the repair utilities will be run against each customer account, service configuration updated and restarted which will lead to short down times as services are restarted. However, no long term down times are expected as most customers have already been migrated to the new SoniXCast Media Server (SXMS).
Server Service: Phase 2 migration of the ShoutCast server to SXMS (all configuration and log files moved to database).
Auto-DJ Service: Final migration of the ShoutCast transcoder (auto-dj) to SXMS will be executed and the old ShoutCast transcoder deleted (no need to have both running at the same time anymore).
FTP server: With the latest update of our ftp server, behavior of the chroot directive was revised to automatically change to the system root directory which broke access for legacy ftp clients. A patch will be distributed to fix this issue.
SXMS Service: The checksum routine of music files has been moved to the read ahead buffer so that a badly encoded tracks are skipped from playback.
Repair Utilities: All repair utilities (UML, Playlist, Service and Station) now log to database and will be bound into the BoomBox alert system (under development) to facilitate user notification and intervention.
BoomBox 2.4 beta: The advanced event editor which mirrors exactly the mathematics of the shoutcast transcoder has passed alpha testing and is now in beta.
We are happy to announce the release of BoomBox 2.4.455 beta with the following patches and features:
User Music Library (UML) File Manager features:
- Dashboard Widget and Quick Access Menu
- Delete, Move tracks (music files) uploaded to the SoniXCast Cloud.
- Assign tracks to a playlist
- Create, Rename, Delete folders.
- Repair Music Library in the background (reads in tracks uploaded via FTP into BoomBox)
- Assign all tracks in a folder to a playlist (done from the dashboard widget)
- Templates adjusted to use industry standard terms and conditions
- Periodic templates now supports Frequency, Placement and Duration options
- Optional free hand entry of time values now supported
- Sliders stepped at one minute intervals
Please read more or post any bugs/feature requests in our forum at https://community.sonixcast.com/forums/forum/development/
We are happy to announce the release of BoomBox 2.4.301.
Here a list of features and patches:
- Added Playlist Track Editor: View and Remove music tracks from your playlist (more features pending future release)
- Added Playlist Track Repair: Automatically repairs track file references. (useful for those playlists that won’t allow the auto-dj to start)
- Fixed Event Editor Periodic Template: Replaced “Start Time” and “Time Offset” fields with Industry Standard “Frequency” and “Placement” fields
- Fixed Duration included in Periodic Templates
- Fixed Date Range now available in every template
- Fixed Slider steps reduced from every 5 minutes to 1 minute
We will announce new updates to BoomBox 2.4 as they happen. Remember, if you find a bug or have a feature request, be sure to let us know in the BoomBox Support and Development Forum here.