IMPORTANT INFORMATION: As of immediately all servers have been updated to BoomBox 3.0.3. Users must complete the upgrade by logging into BoomBox and following the upgrade instructions. The upgrade to version 3.0.3 is MANDATORY for all users and must be performed MANUALLY upon login into the BoomBox control panel. USERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MANAGE THEIR SERVICES UNTIL THE UPGRADE HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
The upgrade process will normally take only a few seconds, but can take longer for users with large music collections. You must contact support via the ticket system in the customer area at www.sonixcast.com with any issues that may occur with the upgrade. SUPPORT WILL NOT BE PROVIDED VIA 3RD PARTY PROVIDERS (i.e. facebook, twitter). THE TICKET SYSTEM IS THE ONLY MEANS ACCEPTED FOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT REQUESTS.
Music files and folders are being re-organized with this upgrade and therefore services (Server, AutoDJ) WILL be restarted upon completion of the upgrade process in order to ensure proper operation. Please plan your station outage accordingly.
All files and folders will be moved from playlists (Finder ‘Playlists’) folder to the music folder (Finder: ‘My Music’) and the playlists folder deleted in order to enable full access to file and folder operations (i.e. copy, move, delete). In addition, folders and files will be sanitized (renamed) in order to ensure proper service operations. Track metadata will not be affected by the sanitization operation. The sanitization utility has been added to the Finder App for future discretionary use.
Changes in version 3.0.3:
- Better crash protection for services (Server, AutoDJ) to ensure longer uptimes.
- Auto-monitoring of services that will attempt restart of a service up to 10 times in succession before giving up and sending an email notification to the station operator.
- Rewrite of quota and traffic management services and display widgets. AS OF IMMEDIATELY DISK SPACE USAGE OVERAGES WILL APPLY.
- Rewrite of the service management pages (Server, AutoDJ) to include full control (start, stop, restart) of services by the user. Save operations will automatically restart a service in order to apply changes.
- Less aggressive service polling in the BoomBox interface and elimination of ‘blinking’ working icons that confused some users.
- Added the Sanitize Utility (Folder, Brush icon) to the Finder App for discretionary use users who prefer uploading via FTP. Auto file and folder sanitization and normalization has been built into the Finder uploader. USERS WHO UPLOAD VIA THE FINDER ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RUN THE SANITIZATION UTILITY AS FILES AND FOLDERS ARE NORMALIZED UPON UPLOAD.
- Added playlist management functionality to the Finder App. Users can right click on a folder, select the ‘Edit Playlist’ option and create or edit existing playlist settings associated with the folder. Folders that are deleted in the Finder App will also delete the associated playlist settings in the Playlist manager.
- Playlists can now be associated with a folder in the music library. A dropdown has been added to the playlist editor that allows the user to select a folder from the music library containing tracks for playback. IF NO FOLDER IS SELECTED THE PLAYLIST WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DISABLED.
- Auto disabling of the AutoDJ service will occur if all playlists are disabled or the associated folders are empty.
- Diverse UI upgrades and enhancements to eliminate confusion and better user experience and usability.